Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kettlebell Workouts For Fat Loss

I was still able to get some good workouts in over the weekend because I brought my 20kg kettlebell with me in the trunk of the mini-van. One of the movements that I have been practicing meticulously in preparation for the RKC weekend in October is the 1-arm KB Snatch.
Grab A Copy Click here
Back when I bought my first kettlebell, I was horrible at executing the snatch. I used to get bruised up forearms, sore wrists and callouses that would tear anytime I really tried to push myself.
It wasn't until 4 years ago that I properly learned how to snatch a kettlebell (NOTE: it's nothing like snatching an Olympic bar or even a dumbbell). I was at a conference and had been speaking to a KB expert over email for a few months. We finally got a chance to meet face to face. He grilled me with questions about being a parent (I only had 3 kids at the time) and then I peppered him with questions about kettlebells and exercise technique.
Fast forward 4 years and I haven't had a bruised forearm or sore wrists since. (Although the callouses are still there, but my hands are a lot tougher!).
Grab A Copy Click here
The snatch is one of - if not, the BEST - exercise you can perform with a kettlebell. If you don't know how to do it properly, I suggest you learn it because it is a tool in your exercise arsenal that you will constantly come back to.
As a family, we're really looking forward to this trip. The kids love the city, so much so that my #3 daughter (Frankie) calls herself "Frankie from New York".
it'll be nice to get away and just be in a new environment. It looks, though, like I'll be up at 5am (as usual) training while everyone is asleep.
Grab A Copy Click here


Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/kettlebell-workouts-for-fat-loss-3373934.html#ixzz10z80u1Ts
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

0 comments:

Post a Comment